About EmergyCare's Membership Program
In a true medical emergency, should you require transport by EmergyCare, your EmergyCare membership can reduce costs not covered by your insurance carrier, such as deductibles and co-payments. EmergyCare is a non-profit organization. Your membership and charitable contributions are vital to helping us provide the highest quality care possible.
EmergyCare has gone from providing basic life support (BLS) services to the City of Erie in 1983 to providing advanced life support (ALS) care to a vast region of northwestern Pennsylvania today. As a result, EmergyCare is one of the largest non-profit ambulance services in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, covering more than 2,100 square miles and protecting approximately 300,000 lives. The operations team consists of roughly 200 wheelchair transporters, EMTs, AEMTs, Paramedics, and Pre-Hospital RNs, and 72 vehicles, including 37 ambulances stationed in Corry, Erie, Greenville, Titusville, North Warren, and Kane, PA. Organization-wide, EmergyCare responds to over 70,000 calls annually.
Membership Benefits and Terms of Agreement
- EmergyCare Members will receive a membership discount applied to any coinsurance and deductibles to a maximum of $125 per transport by EmergyCare.
- Membership benefits include unlimited medically necessary emergency EmergyCare ambulance transport with a membership discount applied to any coinsurance and deductibles to a maximum of $125 per transport.
- Membership includes EmergyCare’s non-emergency stretcher ambulance transportation within a 150-mile radius of Erie or divisional headquarters (Corry, Greenville, Kane, Warren, and Titusville stations). The transport must be medically necessary and reimbursable as defined by your insurance provider and/or the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (Medicare). A membership discount is applied to any coinsurance and deductibles to $125 per transport by EmergyCare.
- EmergyCare will bill all available insurances. Members without insurance or non-covered ambulance services charges will receive a membership discount of up to a maximum of $125 per transport by EmergyCare.
- Membership covers you for EmergyCare emergency ambulance transport to the closest, most appropriate facility as defined by Medicare.
- A one-year membership is valid for one year from the date we receive payment.
- Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The membership program may be subject to modification without prior notice.
What Is Not Covered Under A Membership?
- Membership does not apply to 911 calls where patients refuse care and/or transport.
- Membership does not apply to Paratransit services, wheelchair van /medical taxi transportation.
- In some areas, ambulance response is also provided by fire departments and other EMS agencies; because they are separate organizations, an EmergyCare membership MAY NOT cover their fees.